Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Too Cold to Snow

Taylor W. and I were riding the T together when we were talking about the weekend forecast. Taylor said he didn't think it would snow, since the temperature was going to drop very low.
"What," I said, "You think it's going to be too cold to snow?"
Taylor then began to describe to me the scientific reasons why snow can only occur in the right temperature.
"That's why Antarctica is considered a desert, because it doesn't get enough precipitation."
I was incredulous, but since I arrived at my stop I told him he was probably right and left. But I wasn't convinced, so I asked a couple people at work, and finally, my mom. All of them said that yes, it can be too cold to snow.

Which just doesn't make since to me. I'm left with the conclusion that nothing likes to be active when it's cold outside, even snow clouds. Go figure.

1 comment:

Garrett said...

Your little cloud picture is awesometastic!