Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Year in Review

I haven't been writing much because I like to write about interesting/humorous things going on in my life, but for the past year much of my life has been consumed with being pregnant and now being a mommy, and there's only so much you can write about both topics before they start to become monotonous to both the writer and the reader.

I do love being home with my little boy and seeing his sweet, gummy smile. It strange to think just little over a year ago he was conceived. While Taylor and I rang in the New Year, he was growing in the secret, quiet place in my womb. It amazes me how quickly I grew to love him, and how, after only being in my life as a person for three months, I can't imagine my life without. It's opened up a whole new world of joy and fear.

Around this time last year I was busy on the job search, having been laid off from my job as a personal assistant in Cambridge just before Thanksgiving. It was during that last two weeks of Janurary '09 that I started work at Servpro, only to find out two weeks later that I was pregnant.

The church of which I am apart, and the whole reason I'm here in Boston in the first place, went through some difficult changes. A vital couple chose to move back to Texas, and while in the end we supported their decision, the group's dynamics have changed forever. Another couple is planning to join them in the summer, and so we'll be changed again. If you count success by membership numbers, it's a litte disheartening to admit to being nearly halved, but I know that God has a purpose for us in both Massachusetts and Texas.

On Thursday I'll be hosting a New Year's party at my house, so I can put the baby to bed and still witness the coming of the new year. I'm not a huge New Year's fan, but will take any excuse for a party and adult beverages.

It's time for me to go - the baby prince is wailing, something I'll definitely be dealing with in 2010!

No comments: