Saturday, May 26, 2007

Moving

I've been comparing this year's move to last year. Last year I was moving across the country, carefully wrapping all my possessions in paper and packing them tightly in little boxes. This year, I'm only moving across town, so I've just been throwing everything in my KIA and taking it over the new apartment whenever I have free time. This move has been much smoother and less stressful than last year for sure. I do have one complaint however. My new apartment is on the third floor, and my legs are killing me! It's like an evil StairMaster.

I was chastised by our IT guy for being so out of shape. I admitted I do lead a rather sedentary lifestyle, but I was trying to be better about exercising. In my defense however, I think anyone except for a triathlon athlete would be feeling the burn if they were carrying heavy boxes up and down three flights of stairs eight times a day for a whole week. At least, I'd like to think so ...

1 comment:

Taylor W said...

Semi-related: I don't know if you know that Steve Holt is a marathon runner. That's where he and Chrissy came from to join us at last night's party. He wrote about it over on http://harvestboston.net/

Needless to say, he's less sedentary.