Monday, June 18, 2007

My Cat

This creature, also know as my cat Healey, is normally a pleasant,
if vocal animal. He must have some Siamese in him, because he seems to think he can really communicate to us is he just talks long enough. While not the most desirable trait in a cat, he could be evil, so I guess I should be grateful. Except, for some reason, Healey decided the best time of day to share his thoughts is at four in the morning. This is by no means acceptable, but we haven't figured out how to make him stop. It's not a cute, inquisitive "mew" either, but a loud and long plaintive cry. Yet when Taylor and I managed to drag ourselves out of bed, we find out he's usually crying for nothing. He doesn't need food or water, he's not injured. No, he just wants to hang out with us. At four in the morning.

Our current battle plan is spraying him with a water bottle every time he cries in the middle of the night, but he's gotten to the point where he'll just take the punishment and carry on with his behavior. I don't know what to do. I'm getting very cranky from the interrupted sleep. I'm considering looking into voice-box removal, but I think that might be just a tad drastic at this time.

Taylor kindly pointed out to me this morning that this is what having a baby is going to be like, but I protested it would be different.

"How?" He asked.

I didn't have an answer.

3 comments:

Pinkys Lounge said...

MY cat does the same thing and we have tried everything. I even started spanking him but he doesn't care! And the worst thing is that there is nothing wrong with him ... he is just an attention whore. Well, if you find something that works, let me know.

erin said...

sounds like he's on the prowl for girl cats in heat. it's the way that male cats find the female cats. i have no idea how you can fix it!

Chris said...

Have you tried electric tasers?