Monday, November 12, 2007

Operations Manual

So my boss decided I should put together a manual explaining what I do. That way, when I'm on vacation, another person can fill in my place.

I'm a little at a loss at how to write a how-to when my job mostly consists of doing whatever chores my boss has assigned for me that day.

How to Do Meghan's Job
By Meghan Plott
Step 1: Get Boss's To-Do list

Step 2: Do it.

Somehow, I don't think this is what he has in mind. I need some more filler.

How to Do Meghan's Job
By Meghan Plott

Step 1: Get Boss's To-Do list

Step 1.25: Read over list


Step 1.5: Make notes on list


Step 1.75: Doodle quick picture of a frog eating a butterfly saying "thems good eats!"

Step 2: Do to-do list.

Well, that's a good start, but it's not meaty enough. What else do I do at work?


How to Do Meghan's Job
By Meghan Plott
Step 1: Get Boss's To-Do list

Step 1.25: Read over list

Step 1.5: Make notes on list

Step 1.75: Doodle quick picture of a frog eating a butterfly saying "thems good eats!"


Step 2: Do to-do list.

Step 2.25: Take a break to surreptitiously check email.

Step 2.5: Grab a snack from kitchen

Step 2.75: Read over list again, make more notes, doodle some more

Step 3: Check clock.

Step 3.25: Check clock.

Step 3.5: Check email.

Step 3.75: Check clock, just in case a time warp occurred that you weren't aware of.

Step 4: Complete to-do list. Make sure to report to Boss how it took all day long.


Well, that's pretty accurate. But when I look over this list, I realize it's really not needed. I think anyone who filled in for me would have this stuff down pat.






1 comment:

Chris said...

Inspirational!