Thursday, December 04, 2008

No Job

So, I've been jobless for over a week now, and I have to say it's not so much fun. I've been applying at every administrative assistant job I can find on Craig's List and I've met with a staffing firm (and was told that "it's slow out there"). I honestly thought I'd kind of bounce into a new job without any problems, but now I'm starting to get a little worried.

Granted, it's only been about a week, but I've never been that patient.

This situation has been forcing me to reevaluate all my assumptions. Back when I had a job and was easily capable of making my mortgage payments, it was easy to say that I trust that God will provide and I will never be in want and if I have to lose the blessings he has given, then it's all right. Now faced with the reality of these things occurring, it's a lot harder to close my eyes, take a breath and say "It's in your hands, Lord."

Honestly, Taylor and I aren't in bad shape, and I can be out of work for a couple months without really being affected more than having to give up some luxuries like name brand toothpaste. The hardest part so far is getting used to the idea that I need a job and I don't have one.

The good news is now I have a LOT of free time on my hands, so I might do a better job keeping this updated. Of course, I said that when my hours got cut, and it took me losing my job entirely before I got around to writing another post. I'll probably have lost my house in a fire before I think, "You know, I don't have any house cleaning to do, I should update the old blog."

No comments: