Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Storm!

A big storm is on it's way into Boston - the weather reports say that we can expect up to 12 inches of snow tonight and more over the weekend.

Naturally, in the calm before the storm everyone is freaking out and stocking up on bread, milk, and battery chargers for their cell phones. I shouldn't judge too harshly, since I think this is a reaction to the snow disaster we had last year, when everyone ignored the weather reports and all tried to leave work at the same time when the storm struck.

Taylor and I took stock of our winter survival gear, and realized that we have no shovels, rock salt, ice scrapers or windshield wiper fluid. While Taylor went to work, I traveled around Quincy picking up we needed. Unlike apartments, houses don't come with people who shovel the snow for you.

I also picked up an extra pound of coffee, and am waiting in my warm and cozy house for the first flakes to start falling.

The best weather quote I heard today: "The clouds don't look like they're doing much, but they're working themselves up to it."

2 comments:

Garrett said...

http://snowpocalypse.com/ (keep clicking... or hitting reload) (:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love your illustrations. Especially the one with me where I'm towering over you.