Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yes Sir, that's my baby!

Taylor and I discovered that I was pregnant on February 14th, after I spend the previous couple days feeling sick to my stomach and strangely lethargic. We didn't really think I was pregnant at the time, but decided to "rule it out" just in case.

I've taken probably 50 pregnancy tests since we've been married, because being a little melodramatic I assumed any weird feeling in my body had to be pregnancy! After seeing that single pink line so many times, it was a little more than jaw-dropping to see two pinks lines. I even made Taylor come up to the bathroom to confirm.

"Yup," he said. "There's two pink lines. Hey wait, isn't this thing covered in pee?"

Thus began our voyage into parenthood.

I'm now about 11 weeks along. Taylor and I went to my OB yesterday and they performed a sonogram. We watched in awe as our baby danced like a marionette on the black screen. It made all the nausea, bloating, lack of sleep and weird facial hair of the past weeks worth it.

Being pregnant is like falling in love. First, you're going through your life like normal, then someone comes and they're all you can think about. You dream about them and your life together and you're terrified they might leave. You're scared and thrilled. You feel like you're going to throw up all the time.

Okay, well, maybe that last once is pretty much just pregnancy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!