Thursday, March 08, 2007

Gay Men and Models

I watched America's Next Top Model and the Search for the New Pussycat Doll last night. In my defense, I was just looking for something mindless to listen to while I folded laundry. You'd think folding laundry was mindless enough in of itself, but I needed more. So. As I was watching, I noticed a strange phenomenon in both shows. Gay men were teaching the women on the show how to be well, women. It made me wonder how far we've come as a society when it takes a man who likes men to show how to be a sexy woman to women who like men. Are our women so liberated that it now takes a man to be a feminine woman? After all, our single women are addressed as "Ms." This guy goes by "Miss J."

On an entirely unrelated note, I totally had a TV like this when I was a kid.

No comments: